PROBUS Club of Guelph and District
PROBUS Club of Guelph & District
MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepares agendas and acts as the Chair at each AGM, MC & GP meeting.
2. Prepares a monthly report to post on our website and a monthly letter for newsletter.
3. Attends Regional PROBUS Club meetings
4. Greets new members at the meetings upon their formal induction to the PROBUS Club.
1. Stands in on behalf of the President, as required.
2. Sits on Nominations Committee.
3. Sits on Activities Committee.
4. Calls new members to welcome them.
1. Chairs the Nominations Committee
2. Acts as a mentor for the President, as required.
3. Sits on the Program Committee.
1. Has a general understanding of the Club’s constitution regarding procedures to be followed.
2. Takes minutes at Management meetings and AGM and circulates in a timely fashion.
3. Prepares and mails correspondence, such as get-well and sympathy cards and meeting registrations.
4. Maintains the club archives and records.
5. Prepares notice of annual meeting to be circulated with dues notice in July.
6. Manages the clubs email address.
1. Provides leadership in managing the financial affairs of the Club, maintains accounting records, reports to MC, presents annual financial statements at AGM after review by appointed financial reviewer.
2. Arranges for a financial reviewer.
3. Assures bank signatories are in place in accordance with the by-laws.
1. Receives and responds to applications for membership.
2. Maintains and updates membership list.
3. Oversees membership applications, renewals, and preparation for induction according to Club policy.
4. Orders badges and pins.
1. Arranges for a monthly speaker, their compensation, someone to introduce and thank them, gets all speaker support in place, conveys details to newsletter editors, and arranges scheduled luncheons.
2. Puts out refreshments at general meetings.
1. Assures room is set up for meetings, including badges, greeters, and sign-up sheets.
2. Assists program committee in setting out refreshments.
3. Informs President & newsletter editors of greeters.
Decides, advertises, and arranges outings such as to theatre productions, including transportation and meals, as required.
2. INTEREST GROUPS
Oversees the formation of interest groups as determined by club members' interest, recruiting a coordinator/convenor for each group.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATION
1. Designs and initiates a variety of advertising means for growing our membership.
IT & WEBMASTER
1. Supports the presentation needs of the speakers.
2. Stores and maintains of the club AV & IT equipment.
3. Maintains online credentials and passwords for Wild Apricot, Domain name, Zoom Account.
4. Designs, maintains, and updates website.
5. Assists MC members in designing and maintaining their part of the website.
6. Assists MC members on WA as required.
1. Prepares and circulates a monthly newsletter on a timely bases.